The Henley Auction 2018
14 March 2018
7.30 pm at Bix (viewing from 6.45 pm)
(There is a full evening’s viewing in February at 7.30pm)
Tea & coffee break at half time.
Auction ends approx 10.00 pm
The 2017 auction was very successful. Many bidders took part, both in the room and on the internet.
The 2018 catalogue will be published shortly. The auction list is available as an Excel spreadsheet below.
We look forward to your bids in the 2018 auction.
As an Adobe pdf file
A Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
Scans of selected lots are available here:
(Warning – large files)
How To Bid
This is a live auction but email bids are also welcome.
Please send email bids to: email@example.com
Please state name, address, telephone number, lot numbers and maximum bids.
The auctioneer will automatically bid on your behalf up to your maximum.
50p increments to £5
£1 increments to £20
£2 increments to £30
Then £32, £35, £38, £40
£42, £45, £48, £50
£5 increments to £100
£10 increments above £100
Terms And Conditions For Bidders
1. Postal or internet bidders not satisfied with their Lots may return them within seven days of receipt for a full refund, stating reason for return. Collections or bulk Lots are not returnable under any circumstances
2. Any Lot offered “as is” may contain items that are not genuine and therefore may not be returned for any reason.
3. Bidders who have inspected the Lots prior to auction will not be granted any return privileges, except for reasons of genuineness. It will be presumed that all floor bidders will have inspected Lots prior to bidding.
4. Bids will only be accepted from persons resident in the United Kingdom.
5. Bids are accepted or declined at the discretion of the auctioneer.
6. The auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of absentee bidders and vendors.
7. The auctioneer may withdraw lots at any time at his discretion.
8. No Lots will be sold below stated reserves.
9. All lots must be paid for on the day of the auction by cash or, preferably, UK cheque, unless the winning bid was by email in which case an invoice will be sent for payment within seven days. PayPal charges will be added if applicable. Lots will not be posted until payment is received.
10. At the discretion of the auctioneer, higher value Lots may be retained until cheques have cleared.
11. Credit cards are not accepted.
12. No cash is to be sent through the post.
13. There will be no buyer’s premium or VAT charged.
14. Postage and packing will be charged at cost (minimum £1 charge).
15. Lots posted will be sent at the buyer’s risk.
16. Postal or email bids must be received by 12.00 on the day of the auction.
17. All successful bidders who are not paid up members of the Henley & District Philatelic Society, will have 50p added to their invoice, entitling them to associate membership of the Society on that day and to participate in the auction.
18. Where equal postal or web bids are received the bid submitted first will be deemed to be the higher bid.
Terms And Conditions For Vendors
1. Vendors will be paid as soon as is practicable, but not before 30 working days. (This allows for all revenues to be collected.)
2. Whilst every effort is made regarding security of all material submitted, responsibility for insurance against loss or damage, howsoever caused, rests with the vendor.
3. It is the vendor’s responsibility to make arrangements for the collection of any unsold Lots.